Community Services

Gila County Community Action Program




The Gila County Community Action Program (CAP) has been in existence since 1980.  Our service area includes all of Gila County.  CAP receives funding from the Arizona Department of Economic Security, Pinal Gila Council for Senior Citizens, Arizona Department of Housing, and many other funding sources.  The funding is geared towards helping residents become more self sufficient.  Our goal is to provide the best services through case management and emergency assistance, with the minimum of costs to Gila County Government.

Community Action Program Services:

Utility Payment/Deposit Assistance, Eviction Prevention Rent Assistance, Utility Discount Programs - APS, Southwest Gas

Applicants must meet Federal Poverty Income Guidelines and have a documented need for assistance. 

To apply for services, please download, complete and submit a  Pre-Screening Form    
                                                                                                      List of Eligibility Documents

Volunteers Needed for Volunteer Income Tax Preparation. 

The Gila County Community Action Program (CAP) would like to invite you to become a volunteer CAP Advisory Board member.  We would be honored for you to add your voice for the residents of Gila County.

Our vision statement is “empowering, encouraging and educating residents to achieve self-sufficiency throughout Gila County.”  We want you to help us to accomplish that vision and fulfill our mission.  As a Board member, you will provide input and receive information on the CAP programs.  You will have a personal involvement with community needs and resources for low-income residents.  You would be required to attend four (4) meetings a year.  The meetings can be attended by telephone or in person. 

CAP Advisory Board Application

 Globe/Miami Area  Payson Area  Hayden/Winkelman
5515 South Apache Avenue
Globe, AZ 85501
(928) 425-7631
107 W. Frontier,
Suite C
Payson, AZ 85541
(928) 474-1759
Please call the Globe Office
(928) 425-7631 or
1-800-304-4452 Ext 8650