ADOT PROJECT ON US 60 SUPERIOR-GLOBE TO CAUSE "HEAVY DELAYS"
THIS SUMMER. Read about the projects.
* * * TRAVELER ADVISORY * * *
Delays continue on US 60 at Queen Creek Tunnel for rock removal; blasting continues for passing lane project at Oak Flat.
Motorists should plan on 20-minute delays on US 60 east of Superior at the Queen Creek Tunnel and Oak Flat. (Read the full current update here.)
ADOT will be starting another improvement project on US 60 in the Superior area on Monday Sept. 28 which will involve removal of loose rock from the embankments around the entrances to the Queen Creek tunnel. Work hours be Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Some of delays for rock removal at the tunnel will be done during the scheduled blasting closures for the Oak Flat project which will require four separate full closures of US 60 for up to 90 minutes, as follows:
- Tuesday, Oct. 6, at 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7, at 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday,Oct. 8, at 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
With a population of 53,500 residents and covering 4,796 square miles, Gila County has always been a great place to live, work and play. Gila County is in Central Arizona and contains the Tonto Apache Reservation and parts of the Fort Apache and San Carlos Reservations. The county was formed in 1881 from parts of Maricopa and Pinal Counties, and later added the northern portion of the county from Yavapai County. Cities and Towns in Gila County include Globe, Hayden, Miami, Payson, Star Valley and Winkelman, along with a large number of rural unincorporated communities. Gila County is located on the northeastern edge of the Sonoran Desert, and covers a wide variety of life zones, including desert, high desert plains, chaparral, pinon-juniper and pine forests. There are a number of popular recreation areas in Gila County, including Roosevelt Lake, Tonto National Monument, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, and Fossil Creek, along with several designated Wilderness Areas and popular camping areas within the Tonto National Forest.
Events Calendar[CALENDAR HOME]
- Prescribed Burn Near Payson - Week of Oct. 5 - Oct. 9
- USFS Announces Initiation of NEPA Process for Fossil Creek
- ADOT Warns Public About Fraudulent "DMV" Websites
- ADOT Public Hearings: Passenger Rail Corridor Study - Tucson to Phoenix
- Request for Applicants: Tonto Basin Elementary School District Governing Board